As the cooler months roll in we like to support our skin with homemade body scrubs using pantry staples like virgin coconut oil and raw honey. This recipe takes no time to make and can be used as a base for rotating ingredients–vitamin E oil, turmeric, and natural essential oil blends (we love rosemary, citrus notes, and vanilla) are some of our favorites. It's also a beautiful way to reuse leftover coffee grounds that would otherwise go to waste.
Skin Brightening Coffee Scrub
Makes 1-2 Portions
• 1 cup fine ground coffee (can be pre-brewed)
• 1/2 cup raw brown sugar
• 1/2 cup melted *virgin coconut oil
• 3 tbs melted raw unfiltered honey
Note: Raw honey contains more naturally occurring enzymes which help rejuvenate dull skin, and is considered to be anti-inflammatory. Keep heat to a minimum to preserve enzymes.
• 1 tsp 100% natural vanilla extract
• Few drops essential oil of choice
1. Mix together coffee and brown sugar in a bowl.
2. Add melted coconut oil and honey to the mixture.
3. Mix well until combined.
4. Add extracts or essential oils if desired.
5. Gently rub mixture over your body, let sit for a few minutes and rinse thoroughly.