As the cooler months roll in we like to support our skin with simple homemade body scrubs using pantry staples like virgin coconut oil and gentle exfoliants like raw honey and used coffee grounds. This recipe takes no time to make and can be used as a base for rotating ingredients such as vitamin e oil, turmeric, and natural essential oil blends (we love rosemary, citrus notes, and vanilla). It's also a beautiful way to re-use leftover coffee grounds that would otherwise go to waste.
Makes 1-2 scrubs.
• 1 cup fine ground coffee.
• 1/2 cup raw brown sugar.
• 1/2 cup melted *virgin coconut oil.
• 3 Tbs melted raw unfiltered honey (raw honey contains more naturally occurring enzymes helping to rejuvenate dull skin and is considered anti-inflammatory).
• 1 tsp 100% natural vanilla extract.
• Few drops of essential oil of choice.
1. Mix together coffee and brown sugar in a bowl.
2. Add melted coconut oil and honey to the mixture.
3. Mix well until combined.
4. Add extracts or essential oils if desired.
5. Gently rub mixture over your body, let sit for a few minutes and rinse thoroughly.
Leftovers will stay fresh in an air-sealed container in the refrigerator for about one week.